Invest in a gift that will be cherished for generations.
Portrait painter Tara Richardson offers hand painted portraits based on your most cherished photograph.
Imagine a painting of a child that hangs in her families home on the wall and then she takes that painting into her own home as a keepsake.
A commissoned painting is the most thoughtful gift you will ever purchase for someone you love.
What's In The Painterly Shoppe?
Shooting Animals For The Best Classic Painting
Adjustments can be made for shadows or poor lighting, however, better pet photos usually translate into superior pet portrait paintings. Subjects, features or backgrounds can be combined or omitted from separate photographs as required to achieve desired result.
1. Shoot from pet's eye level or below by sitting on the floor or lying on your belly. Try NOT to take the photo from above your pet.
2. Use natural lighting either outside or indoors by the light of a nearby window & avoid flash.
3. Get close to your pet and focus on their eyes.
4. Be patient have someone attract your pet's attention behind you while you shoot or hold a treat in your hand close to the camera. Try making a high pitched tone or whistle to get them in an alert pose.
Shooting Humans For The Best Classical Painting
1. Choose a photo with good highlights and shadows
2. You can use Natural light either outside or using a window, but a spotlight or lamp will work well too. (Turn off all other lights surrounding your subject if using the window method)
3. Try to choose a photo with a range of value from light to dark.
4. Don’t use a flash or you will lose all the good color and “flatten” out your subject
5. Be patient have someone attract your human's attention while you shoot. Try and whistle to get their attention. . :)
Maria R. Palacios Author of The Female King
Tara Richardson is a natural artist –a muse that soars over beautiful landscapes and images of life, and can, with the same ease, make time stand still on the wings of a painted butterfly.
Tara’s art breathes and pulsates her own passionate relationship with life. Besides an impressive collection of various works, Tara has also beautifully illustrated the cover of three of my upcoming poetry books. It is an honor to have Tara’s artistic energy dress up the cover of these anthologies.
I am soooooooo extremely happy beyond words. I ADORE IT! the painting is such a treasure.
I asked Tara to do a very special painting for us of our wee boy. Tara’s communication, time management, easiness of ordering from overseas was amazing. I can highly recommend Tara. She is a gifted artist with an amazing talent. I am so happy with our painting she has done for us. I have recommended her services to family and friends over here.
Tara, you captured our wee boy so well. It is just breath taking seeing his spirit captured by an artist. This will be a very precious piece of artwork.
Tara you absolutely rock my friend!
My hats off to Tara Richardson for capturing my grand daughter 100% in the portrait I commissioned her to paint for her for a Christmas gift.
whole process from start to finish exceeded my expectations completely. It was delivered in a very timely manner and is better than any portrait I could ever imagine. Tara captured an important life moment on canvas perfectly for us.
This portrait will be a family heirloom... The light and the soul and the feeling the portrait exudes is amazing. The quality of the finished product gets 5 stars from me. I can't wait to find the perfect moment for her to capture for us of our other 3 grandchildren! I highly recommend Soulofapainter
You will not be disappointed.
I couldn't decide what to get my daughters for Christmas after our home was severely damaged in a flood. Our only belongings not lost or damaged were hanging on the walls.
I was so excited when I saw Tara's paintings! Stunning! I have never seen my girls so excited about a gift, and one they will have forever.
There were tears. Theirs and mine. The paintings are beautiful and Tara has an amazing talent! I can't thank her enough for these special gifts. We are truly blessed and Tara is truly gifted.
Thank you, Tara!
Thank you Tara for your talent, and sharing your work!! A True Artist!!!
These painting's are pure Beauty!! This is the talent that I strive for... But it would take 100 year's for me to reach the level of your Greatness!! Love these piece's of Beauty!!
Clark Goodrich, WeaselWorks Freelance Press
I find the realism of Tara Richardson's portraits to be astonishing! I think of her as the Vermeer of the digital age!
Tara captures the essence of the person or pet in each and every painting. Her attention to detail is exceptional in everyway.